Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Belgium and Leah

Well, thanks everyone for your comments on my last post, especially those of you from Belgium! How cool is that? So glad to hear that English is spoken there, what a relief... also, funny that there is a pub on every street corner pretty much, a lot different than Utah, that's for sure!


To answer some of your questions... YES I am nervous. Nervous that i'll be homesick.. but so excited that it wipes my nervousness out the door for a split second. We will live there for 10 months, which also helps with my nervousness.. it will be a great experience. During the summer months (june through august) we will most likely be back in Utah.


I've officially started myself into a panicked frenzy.


What are we going to do with all of our 'stuff'?

How in the heck am I supposed to pack for 10 months in a suitcase..

What are we going to do with our dog?

do I need to learn some dutch? I'm clueless.

Am i going to be by myself all the time??

Who's going to do my hair? haha... yes I have actually thought of this


and back to the dog. As of now we are thinking of taking her with us. Crazy? Maybe. But how could you leave this sweet face?

9 comments:

Shelayna said...

How exciting! You will have a blast! I know how you feel about your dog! It would be so hard to leave them especially where you dont know if you will be alone a lot. I can't wait to see all of the pictures and fun things you guys do while your there!!

Jennica said...

I know I could...but I hate animals. haha I think you should take her because you'll need a friend! I still can't believe all this. So crazy. We better do dinner again since I missed out. I need to see you before you leave.

Anonymous said...

I'm from the Netherlands (neighbor to Belgium) and my husband works for the US Army. We have lived in Germany and after that moved to Utah. So I understand about wondering what it will be like to live in a new country.

But if you have any sense of adventure, you'll have a great time in Belgium! And your new team has a great group of fans to support them. One of the ladies is realy special, her name is Fiebi. Maybe you'll see her when you play with your new team. She'll be the one with lots of energy, getting everybody up and cheering for you guys.

EJ said...

linds....noooo....okay. you can go. and what is this...you had dinner with out telling me? how rude. haha, jk. but seriously. let's hang out okay?

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Leuven, the centre of Europe!

It's a small town and very nice to live in for a young couple... and a dog.

Looking forward to see your skills!

Jeremy and Teresa said...

here is a answer to all those questions....DONT GO!!!! :( gosh i wish jared was better at stuff and could play for the jazz..that would make my life so much happier :) haha joke jared joke..but really come on. i gotta stop reading your blog..i cry everytime. this comment is extremely selfish but i cant help it. youll be fine and you'll have a blast! and im coming with you. thats all

Anonymous said...

Homesick? allready?

This will be your key to succes... If you can find you way here it will be great.

There is alot to explore
http://www.use-it.be/leuven/map/

Anonymous said...

citywebsite;

http://www.leuven.be/en/

Erwin said...

WELCOME!!!!!!