Monday, August 30, 2010

LEUVEN

This is Lori, Me, and Sofie (Erwin and Kathy's daughter) at the game. We were quite the trio.


Poor piglet.
The leuven bears stand at Eurofolies. Each stand represented a different country. Our was Luxembourg. I guess they roast pigs there.



There's Mr. Quayle in his jersey. Isn't he so cute. Number 4.


Well... this week came and went fast.

People ask me what i do all day... well I don't really know. I usually work a couple of hours for my job back at home. They were way awesome and sent me with a computer. Then I read. I love to read. I clean. I take naps. I go on jogs. I live the easiest life imaginable.
Wednesday was Jared's first game. Unfortunately they lost. It was in a town called Knokke, which is right on the coast. It was a two hour drive but luckily we had a ride, thanks Erwin and Kathy and Sofie! The game was a lot different than a USU game :) The score was 85-74 and Jared had 8 points. The video on my previous post was from the game..

We attended an event called Eurofolies. The team had a stand where they were roasting a pig. yuck. I've never seen this actually done, but to say the least i felt bad for the poor little piglet. I like pig better when it is already cut and packaged then you don't have to think about what you are eating. Watching it go round and round made me sad. Maybe europe will make me a vegetarian.

Other than Jared being really busy with basketball, they practice twice a day, nothing else really noteworthy happened. Here's to a new week of adventures.

My mother was trying to help cheer me up since i'm getting homesick, don't worry though.. i like belgium it's just a big adjustment. She sent me a list of possible hobbies.

The best that made me giggle for a good ten minutes was this...

What about belly dancing? I have started doing this and its doing wonders for my waist line. I even have a gig set up at the Layton Hills Mall during lunch time. I get to walk around the tables while people are eating and belly dance for them. They really seem to be amazed at my talent. The movement seems to be very hypnotic. Their faces tell it all- their mouths are open wide with wonder and awe and their eyes are practically bugging out of their heads and they simply can't take their eyes off me. I think all of my years as a Lakette prepared me for this experience. Jake is also experiencing the thrill of having a famous mom. He loves it when I am dancing their during his lunchtime..

bahaha. mom you are the best :) Thanks for making me laugh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, keep the info comeing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Lindsey and tell Jared goodluck for the next game. Lindsey get busy sewing!! You can sew anything by hand that you were doing with machine. I just finished a bag that I did by hand. Takes longer but it can be fun and actually you have more control. I'll bet there are some great needlework and fabric shops over there. Sewing may get you through the down times, or I would follow your Mom's advice and Belly dance. I should do that, but it could be like a tidle wave with me.lol

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.