Saturday, September 6, 2008

FLAMING GORGE EXTRAVAGANZA


Gizmo and Uncle Jared getting soaked on the boat

Jared and one of the two fish we caught
Gizmo and aunt Lindsey in the red visor
Haha... nice throat.
He loves me.
Tressa and I making faces...



For labor day weekend the quayle family set out on another flaming gorge adventure. When we got there Saturday morning, it was scorching hot. We were dumping water on us to stay cool, and my nose got way fried. We fished all day on Saturday and I think we caught one lake trout... gross. Sunday rolled around and ended up being a lot cooler, we fished all day again and caught one Kokanee and one Rainbow.. the boys were the ones who fished, with the down riggers. We didn't have very much luck. While we were out on Sunday it started getting really windy and there were white caps everywhere, so captain Ken started heading in.. we got drenched! The waves were going over the boat and soaking us.. it was really funny, and entertaining. Sunday night there was a flash flood warning where we were.. and they weren't kidding. It poored all night, and poored some more. Jared and I have a little tent, which was leaking all night and everything got wet! Somehow we stayed warm though, so other than the noise and the drip drip drip on our faces, we were doing good! On monday morning, we woke up, packed up and went home because it was still rainy! Gizmo (tressa and kody's doggy) and I are best friends, and I'm also his favorite aunt. We love each other.. haha. Tressa Maurine and I spent a lot of the vacation reading and relaxing- and entertaining each other. It was pretty sweet! ps.. i know i look quite lovely in all of these pictures... haha... not!


6 comments:

The Quayle's said...

Oh my Linds, I didn't realize how freaking gorgeous we looked in those pictures. That movie is quite hilarious, brings back memories:)

Anonymous said...

It look like you had lots of fun. You do need some more training on catching fish. Call Reese Q for instuctions.

Jayson and Kassi Madson said...

so my internet just quit,so hopefully you dont get 2 comments...but yours both worked, i just have a comment moderator on so that get sent to me before they go to my comments. sorry about the confusion! I am glad you had fun on your Flaming Gorge trip! that sucks you didnt catch too many fish. but dont take advice from my grandpa, you can just talk to me, I taught him everything he know! haha jk. keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
Please take the picture of your throat off your blog. It is disturbing...

Jared and Lindsey said...

Oh mother... my throat is one of my greatest attributes. it's staying up:)

The Quayle's said...

Linds I have to agree the throat picture has to stay it definately is one of your best attributes:) I love it!