Monday, September 20, 2010

Another weekly update

Belgium is SO different than Utah.

This is a conversation from me and my mom on skype...

"Mom, It's just SO different here ," i whined while making a sad face...
"Stop COMPLAINING about how different it is and go out and enjoy the differences"

Best advice i've received since i got here.

A lot of your are probably thinking i'm crazy to complain.. i'm living the dream, right? Yes, at times it is sooooo much fun, when we can go out and explore. But you also have to remember that most days Jared is at practice all day and I am at home, which leads to me and my whining.

Although i still miss things like..

My Family

My dog, Leah (are you guys sick of hearing about Leah?)

Grocery stores that have instant food, that is still delicious so me and my lazy self don't have to actually THINK of meals to cook

Stores like Target, Wal Mart (yup I said it, cast your judgements haha) , Lee's and any other grocery store..

Restaurants like Costa Vida, Chili's, Bluebird Cafe, Olive Garden, etc..

A dryer that ACTUALLY dries clothes in less than an hour

My automatic car

my hair girl.. still haven't got my hair did..

I'm a BraT... and I miss these things, okay??..

I have found some things I love about belgium MORE than Utah.

Ice cream-- holy goodness. Delicious and cheap. need I say more

Waffles- Lori and I found the BEST waffles of the trip so far. thank you Knokke
** notice how I say trip-- it hasn't hit me that I LIVE here.

Chocolate- to die for

BEAUTIFUL buildings. everywhere. and sooo much history

a beach that is only 2 hours away- dear great salt lake-- you stink (literally)

random doors- every building/apartment has a cool door

Being in the middle of Europe and being so close to so many countries like the netherlands,
france, germany, england, italy, spain.. these are the places i want to visit most!

See Mom, my list is GrOWiNG, I promise.

As for Basketball it's been a roller coaster week again. They lost one game against Leiden, but Jared had 25 points! He is so amaz-z-zing! Then they won one against Zwolle. Both teams are from the Netherlands. Tonight is their last preseason game. I plan on posting his games on youtube once the season starts so that those of you who are interested can watch. The first game is October 2 at home.

Lori and I went to Knokke (pronounced Kah no kah.. i think) to watch them play zwolle. While there we went to the coast and saw the beautiful beach and sea! we looooved it. It would be so fun in the summer when it's warm. We also had the best waffles... best waffle i have ever had... at a place called home made austrailian ice cream. Here are a couple of pics from the trip










ummm. that waffle is making my mouth water.
on a side note... we've been asked a little about our religion from various people we've met here. Yup.. we are mormons- we are from utah- and we love it. mormon.org is a great website with some accurate information on the mormon religion. A couple of things that we believe in are: our savior Jesus Christ and His atonement, our Heavenly Father who loves and knows each and everyone of us, and the Holy Ghost who helps us throughout our daily lives, our living prophet, Thomas S. Monson, who receives revelation to help us be better people, Families that last forever even when we die, the book of mormon- another testament of Jesus Christ, baptism, and so many other happy and wonderful things.
Until Nexxt week.
Photobucket


5 comments:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Oh man, I'm glad I'm not the only one who complains about missing fast food restaurants. After seeing your pictures, I totally want to go there now!

Jennica said...

I can totally see why you have complaints...that would be SOOO hard! But it is so cool that you get to experience this and you will remember it forever! And now you will appreciate EVERYTHING when you come back! Even though its been as if you lived in another country since we got married, I still miss you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures and update I love your blog!

Jeremy and Teresa said...

you forgot to mention me and jer on your list of things you miss...im pissed. ill get over it eventually. i promise ill take a picture leah lightning white and let you know if she is still OUT OF CONTROL! love ya! keep havin fun!

H said...

Oh linds i miss you cute girl!! I can't believe you're in BELGIUM!! so crazy but such a neat adventure! I'm it will be the greatest experience but also new, different, and hard to be away from family! you've got some awesome pictures though and i am suuuper jealous!! Keep in touch missy, love ya tons!!